It’s a very sad thing, but there have recently been a number of dog food recalls. I have listed some below. If you want to stay up-to-date on the recalls and /or get more information and details, visit The Dog Food Advisory (www.dogfoodadvisor.com. Seems like more and more food and treats are being recalled.
Hy-Vee Dog Food Recall
February 22, 2013 – Hy-Vee, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of certain packages of Hy-Vee dog food due to elevated levels of a toxic compound commonly found in contaminated corn.
The recalled products carry three different “Best By” dates and were distributed between October 26, 2012 and January 11, 2013 to Hy-Vee stores in the states of…
- South Dakota
What’s Being Recalled?
The following products are subject to the recall:
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Complete Nutrition (Green 34 lb. bag) UPC #07545005647 with lot number ending with 29812KC and a “Best By” date of 11/24/13
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Complete Nutrition (Green 8 lb. bag) UPC #07545005667 with a lot number ending with 29812KC and a “Best By” date of 11/24/13
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Complete Nutrition (Green 4.4 lb. bag) UPC #07545005665 with a Lot number ending with 29812KC and a “Best By” date of 11/24/13
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Complete Nutrition (Green 4.4 lb. bag) UPC #07545005665 with a lot number ending with 29912KC and a “Best By” date of 11/25/13
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Bites, Bones & Squares (Yellow 20 lb. bag) UPC #07545005680 with a lot number ending with 29312KC and a “Best By” date of 11/19/13
- Hy-Vee Complete Dog Bites, Bones & Squares (Yellow 4.4 lb. bag) UPC #07545005560 with a lot number ending with 29312KC and a “Best By” date of 11/19/13
Kasel Dog Treats Recall Expands to Include More Products and Retailers
February 21, 2013 – The Food and Drug Administration has today announced that Kasel Associated Industries is expanding its recent recall to include other products and retail sales sources.
Kasel has already issued previous recall notices for specific products manufactured between April 20 and September 19, 2012 due to potential contamination with Salmonella bacteria. They include: all products manufactured at its Denver, CO facility from April 20, 2012 through September 20, 2012 due to contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
The recalled Products of Dog Treats were distributed nationwide through various retailers from April 20th to September 19th.
Kasel Industries is recalling the following brands:
- Boots & Barkley
- Nature’s Deli
- Colorado Naturals
- Best Bully Stick items
According to the FDA…
“…there is a reasonable probability that pet treat products manufactured in the facility from April 20, 2012 through September 19, 2012 are contaminated with Salmonella.”
Where Were the Products Sold?
The Kasel-manufactured products are sold at various retailers including:
- Sam’s Club
Most of the products have a two-year shelf life.
All of the products were made in the U.S. This action is not related to FDA’s ongoing investigation of jerky pet treats made in China.
Feb 20, 2913 – Nutri-Vet, LLC. of Boise, Idaho, is voluntarily recalling its Nutri-Vet and NutriPet Chicken Jerky treats products because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.